Monday, December 29, 2008

Still on break, stateside

Here I am in California, still -- my latest project is making a Spain scrapbook. Yesterday, while looking for photos to scan with my mom's new scanner (which she got from my dad, for xmas), I came across a ginormous stack on scrapbook materials. That got me to thinking that I would make a new scrapbook ~ one of my favorite pasttimes. Cheesy, I guess, but whatever. I guess I have a little bit of Martha Stewart in me or something.

Not much else to say...I've been reading El PaĆ­s, Spain's main newspaper, online, to keep up with my Spanish. I also just watched a Spanish movie on Netflix the other day, for kicks. I'm thinking I should keep up with that once I get back to Spain, or maybe just watch a bunch of Spanish TV, so I can acclimate my ear to Spanish more. Living with Americans and interacting with them more than anyone else really cuts down on my Spanish speaking practice, unfortunately.

I have my GRE test in a week and a half -- I feel really unprepared and a bit freaked out about it, but oh well. I might just take it twice, anyway. Right now I'm working on a couple grad school app's, but I'm not sure if they'll lead to anything. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with my life, still...stressful decision making, bleh.

No comments: