Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The End of an (Ambien) Era

The good doctor (who wears a monocle, at least in my mind) --


has cut me off from my supply of Ambien. Let us bow our heads.

Look, I was asked to model! I figured facing away from the camera in the fetal position would
truly convey the angst and suffering of such an affliction.


...Actually, truth be told, I wasn't asked to be the model, I just have a chip on my shoulder that I wasn't given the job. *sulks*

Why is that, doth ye ask? Let me not use words, but this cartoon, to explain:

OK, enough with the freaking pictures. So yeah, no more of them pills. I was getting too whacked out while taking them, since they didn't help me sleep so much as go on some sort of a PG-rated acid trip. I'm often up late at night reading or watching a movie or in the midst of some other time wasting activity, and I'd start seeing things and being in some sort of a trance. Nothing like a talking walrus (shame), just like I was in a snow globe or something and I couldn't see clearly through the fog. It was kind of fun to take the trip into La La Land, but oh well.

Am I a hypochondriac? Oh well. It's fun to say you're afflicted with an odd...affliction. I watch a lot of
Intervention, afterall.

Hum dee dum, what else? Oh yeah, speaking of weird illnesses, my cat has something called FORL - Feline Oral Resorptive Lesions. She had some disgusting receding gumline issues and it looked like her molars were disintegrating, somehow, which I was totally unaware of until the vet told me I should be brushing the cat's teeth. Uh, right. Anybody tried to give a cat pills? You're lucky if you can toss something down their gullet, let alone get them to sit patiently while foreign objects are polishing the chompers.
And it gets more dramatic! She had to go in for extractions, so she is now sans 2 of her molars. Poor cat. The good news is that she won't be in as much pain and she can eat around the yanked out teeth; the bad news is its a progressive disease with an undetermined prognosis. Shrug. She's 8 years old, so we'll see what happens.

The equine is doing well. Let's leave it there so I don't get in trouble because of my propensity for overshares for animals I don't own, but merely have the good fortune to ride/help train. =D

I'm fading, too, so it's not like I'm going to say anything that makes much sense.
The end...I'm off to dream of walruses!

1 comment:

megexpat said...

While all that is well and good, it's obviously not well tolerated in the long run. Also, the hallucinations are a bit of a cause for concern. As for long term sleep disturbances, I'd prefer to look somewhere else for treatment.