Monday, August 1, 2011

Blog rhymes with log

On a gothic romance novel kick - re-reading Jane Eyre and then onto Rebecca (another one I've already read). Still gotta unpack my books in my new place, I'm sad they are in boxes. Any other novels from the gothic genre people like, or am I the only literary nerd out of my friends? I know books are an ancient form of entertainment, a primitive version of digital video recordings, etc.

Oh yeah, and I'm in a new place. We got to move in a few days earlier than expected, but the lease officially will start tomorrow. I will have to take pictures of it when I get it unpacked and more decorated because now it doesn't have too much of a personality. I have to get the bed frame and headboard put together so my mattress is sitting on the floor right now - well, on top of the box spring doodad, but yeah.

Love the new place. It's very odd to drive out of the parking lot and then be in a city. I'm unused to living in an urban area, excluding my brief stint in Florence when I studied abroad. Florence is a mini big city, IMO, because you can pretty much walk across the whole city in about an hour and all the sights of the city are in walking distance. I could write a whole blog entry about Florence but that will have to wait.

Other new life developments are in swing, but I don't want to jinx them by jumping the gun and mentioning those now.

In any case, I'm starting to nod off after a relatively long day/week. Time to read a couple pages of Jane Eyre before turning in, although at the sleepy rate I'm going it may just be a couple paragraphs.

No comments: