Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside

Once again, because of my prescribed pain and sleeping pills, I cannot attest to the coherence of this writing specimen. Just trying to give a blow by blow account of my recovery.

Day #1 was pretty much agony - at first I was able to breathe through the nose, then that went away in a matter of hours as residue and scar tissue blocked everything. Then there was the puking from Percocet, a lovely side effect due to not having enough foodstuffs in my tum tum other than a couple of popsicles. It's difficult to eat when you have zero appetite (something I would like to carry with me post-recovery! lol) and it hurts to swallow, but I have to eat something to keep my throat hydrated.

Day #2 No nausea, thank god, just a lot of lolloping around doing nothing and every time I'd take another Percocet I'd be down for the count for several hours. I always wake up with cotton mouth and dread that first sip of water that will hurt as it goes down, the way a shot of whiskey may have hurt before, no joke. Everything is more tender today, less blood from my nose, more mucus or dried blood. Sometimes there are fleeting moments were I can get a (highly obstructed) breath through my nose that makes quite an unpleasant noise and I just say screw it, wait til Harvey vacuums out the debris in there and hopefully I'll be able to breath comfortably.

So, yes, feeling rather useless these days. I can't even watch a whole movie without getting aggravated by the sound (ears hurt, a residual problem since ENT are all connected in this great circle of life).

OK I think I'm too exhausted to write more on my Percocet and Ambien cocktail. Nighty night.

No comments: