Saturday, June 23, 2012

Whoa, Nellie.

Apparently Blogger decided it needed a face lift and the format of my new blog entry is all whacked out. Well, from how it used to be, anyway, so forgive my bewilderment while I write this.

I've been neglecting my blog for lack of material. Well, that's not true. I could spout off any number of things, but the spirit hasn't moved me to do so. Or something. I've since gone through many a change since I last wrote in here, but *shrug*. This ain't no personal diary. In fact, I created it to chronicle my adventures in Spain and didn't think I'd keep up with it whatsoever post-expat life. But, knowing me, I need an audience for what I write so I kept up with it for that reason.

Found out I'll be moving in the near future, to Weho. Very exciting development. I plan on taking my cat and the fish tank with me. Speaking of, my fish tank has apparently replaced my horse habit in expensive hobbies. Let's get real, it's nowhere near the cost of boarding a horse (and all the other lovely expenses involved in horse riding), but it's also a bit pricey. All the upkeep and whatnot. Thinking about getting some discus fish (current occupants are all angelfish and a pleco) once I switch out my current tank for the 60 gallon acrylic tank I got off Craigslist.

Which brings me to another point - Craigslist can be creepy as hell, but it has its uses. I saved a ridiculous amount of money on a fish tank that would've cost more than I make in a month if I'd gotten it new. Ain't cheap. But I can't help myself, as my mom always tells me, I have champagne taste and beer money.

What else - oh yeah, I've been continuing on my Jane Austen kick. It has been taking me forever to get through the annotated version of Emma, but whatever. Those who aren't Austen fans should give it a whirl, particularly the annotated version. It really puts your in the mindset of these people when it can be tricky for the modern reader to appreciate it.

Well, I've been a stranger to the world today. I've literally spent all morning and afternoon up til now listening to the babbling of annoying children outside my window, at the pool. My motivation to clean my room is at an all time low, but I have to in order to prep the apartment for viewings. Grumblecakes. Sigh. Groan. All right, going to turn on some Netflix and clean.

No comments: