Saturday, July 28, 2012

New life developments

Sometimes life has a funny way of letting all the pieces fall into place after a long struggle of trying to figure out what you want. I'm much happier this year, at this point, than I was last August. Well, in most aspects.

Turns out I'm not moving in with anybody else anymore. I'm going to move into my own place for the first time since senior year of college. I actually really enjoyed having my own place. In fact, I'm a bit of a social hermit. Being alone is something I enjoy, but I decide when I want to socialize. I think I've always been that way. The only thing I'm worried about is that when I was in school I had a built in social network (not FB, real-live-human-beings network). Now I'm in the so-called "real world" and there is no such safety net. Part of the reason why I'll be getting a second cat, so I can substitute animals for people. Ha.

It look a loooong time to find what I wanted, apartment-wise. I don't like to settle. Again, champagne taste, beer money. And I was not willing to settle in a roommate selection, either. I have a bit of a personality quirk where I don't click with just anyone and I cannot fake friend-chemistry. My face betrays my true emotions, all the time. I originally wanted to live with a good friend in West Hollywood, but then I'd have to live with 2 dogs and my cat would have free access to the (fenced) backyard. I thought I'd be cool with that, but I just wasn't. So started the great quest to find my own place.

The new place is in Hollywood near the subway, which is awesome, because I've long been fed up with driving to work. It's an unimaginable pain in the ass. Now I'll also be getting built in exercise in my walk to and from the subway, which I'm in desperate need of. I've been too tired, too busy, too lazy to exercise much and it's been a hassle trying to get off these excess pounds I put in those months of idleness. The good news is I lose weight easily, but the pounds creep back on just as slowly but surely. I just have to keep my weight loss journey slow but steady to ensure the pounds don't come back. I'm not a yo-yo dieter (I don't diet), but I do fluctuate weight like nobody's business. In fact, that's true for a lot of people in my family except for my dad, whose skinny genes (lolz) i did not inherit. Well, he's pushing 60 and he's still in EXCELLENT shape and the same weight he was in high school. He does work hard at it, though, and eat right.

Nodding off...I haven't been sleeping well lately because I've been too wound for sound about new life developments and I've been too deep in thought about how weird friendships can be. You think you know someone and then they surprise you (negatively). But oh well, onward and upward.

Oh yeah, I am going to move next weekend. The thing I am most dreading is setting up my fish tank again. Blaaah. I've invested a lot of time and money into that damn thing and I want it to go smoothly. I also bought a pimped out filter and the local fish store showed me how to put it together. I'm pumped. My fish are very high maintenance (angels and discus) so this move is really anxiety-inducing. Yes, they're just fish, but I'm nervous about them, anyway. I also don't know where my tank is going to go. Hmmm...

K back to bed.

No comments: