Tuesday, October 28, 2008

mornin'

Ack, I absolutely hate waking up on cold, dark, rainy days. Also, November is the month with the highest average precipitation, so boo to that. I guess that's good as far as all the crops and whatnot are concerned, but bad for getting me out of bed motivated. Added bonus: I forgot that my cell phone doesn't automatically change times for DST, so I woke up an hour early. Laaaame. I could go back bed, I guess, but now I'm already up and hear the rain pounding. Blech. Displeased.


One thing to turn my frown upside-down is the flowers I got delivered yesterday - they are
insanely large and in charge. Adam had flowers delivered to me, and they're too big for my room, so they are living out in the salón. Me gustan.








Birthday celebrations are over, now, until March. Yay. I have hit birthday fatigue, I think. Last night we all went out to eat for Emily's b'day, but I'm glad I had already basically had dinner before, since I knew I wouldn't be able to make it until 9:30, which would clearly turn into 10:30, because this is Spain and no one is ever on time for anything ever. Bleh. Yesterday was beautiful, so I'm glad I got in a big long bike ride and was able to dry my sheets up on the roof in the sun (see mom, 4 girls in one apt isn't that big of a deal, really, as far as laundry is concerned -- there are spats for getting in line for the shower, washer, and who has to do dishes/trash/cleaning/buying communal things).

Today all I have is music stuff, prep for tomorrow, and conversation time. I'll make some power point presentations during breaks and read my book. I'm guessing it would be poor form to faceplant into my papers in the teacher's lounge, so I'll have to resist that temptation. Rainy days make me tired.

H
opefully the rain will ease up for this weekend, because I'm planning on taking another trip. :-D This time, I'm flying solo (not literally) and I'm off to see my friend Cassie in Álora. I haven't seen her since orientation, so it should be a ton of fun. Also, Álora looks absolutely gorgeous if the photos I've seen on facebook are any indication.
This is Cassie, by the way -- look familiar? She is my female soulmate, obviously, since "ignorant slut" is our mutual pet name of choice, bahaha. We're not completely unhinged, it's a line from The Office, haha...

Now the time has come to reload on wake-up tea and get ready for today. Bleeechhhh unmotivated.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey, you have to make your own sunshine on those rainy days, although I understand how it could be a downer to have to ride your bike a half an hour to work. :)